Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sleeping Teddy Bear Biscuits

This was a super quick project that I made for the reception class that I was volunteering with for a week. They loved them! I saw them at a school fair once an figured I had to try them!
If I did them again, I would probably use royal icing instead of just normal icing because it might set a bit stiffer and make a more realistic "blanket". Granted these were for a bunch of 5 year olds so I think normal icing was best.



Another cool tiny teddy recipe is Milky way cars! 

9 comments:

  1. Awesome. What is the bed? What kind of cracker is on bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its an Arnott's Milk Coffee biscuit
    I'll add a picture
    https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK3V-iZbvke-b9bbBMm5Vo62YHL78odNUqqJiHCTXFSJFS1up0pg

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute-did u make the teddy bears or did u buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bought them, they are called Tiny Teddies here in Australia.
    Not sure if they are sold in any other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teddy Grahams are available here in the U.S and come in a variety flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How does one get recipes for your projects? They look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. how does one get recipes for your projects? they look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jeff, most of my more complex projects should have the links I used, these are just Nice biscuits (Or just any biscuit, preferably a square!) tiny teddies and your preferred instant icing mixture! You can use whatever to decorate the blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiny Teddies here in NZ also, these look fab!!

    ReplyDelete